Thursday, December 11, 2008

New Media War in Korea

I was planned to share this video with my classmate.
However, I spent too much time to explain other staffs during my presentation.

So I posted the video..please take a look this video.

Summary.
There was a demonstration against government at the beginning of this year.
To suppress the demonstration, Korean government committed violent riot police.
Therefore there were so many people attended to the demonstration got hurt.
However, the government tried to suppress the fact.
The old media(Tv, Newspaper) only reported part of the demonstration, they did not reported that there were people got hurt because of violent riot police.

There was a student brought his camera and Laptop at the demonstration and broadcast the situation real time through UCC website. Finally, people knew how the demonstration was going and what the government did to the demonstration.

Main Point.
I am not pro-demonstration. I did not support them. However, main reason why I would like to share this video is that since the new media spread to the public rapidly, it will be hard to control media by government. People will have more right to speak. People believe that it will make more strengthen and solid democracy in Korea.

No comments: